Pages

Monday 30 July 2012

Olympic flame


The olympic flame was started at the ancient  olympics  in olympia greece. Ignited by the sun the flame burnt until the olympics were finished
in olympia a curved mirror and the sun is used to light the olympic torch. Women in ancient white robes perform the ceremony. The torch is then passed from to runner to runner as it travels  from olympia to the host city.The most important event at the opening ceremony is the lighting of the flame .It burns for two
weekes until the games have concluded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Walker I really like your strong image of the runner with the Olympic flame. I liked watching the torches lighting at the opening ceremoney.
I didn't know about the history of the torch so thanks for your interesting story. What race at the Olmpics do you want to see? I want to watch the running races and also the rowing races, because I think New Zealand may do well in them.

Post a Comment