Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

Hiwarau speech Marks practise 1.

WALT - use speech marks to show direct speaking.

Fill in the Speech Marks:



”Good morning,” said the check-out lady. “Do you have your Fly Buys card?”

Joe had a really sore tummy.”I can’t go to school,’’ he groaned.

’’ I don't think so’ replied James.

‘’Yes Bob replied. ‘’That's what I'm going to do.’’

‘’Is that what you were after?’’ asked Sally.

’’ Hello, said Tony.

’’ I want the ball’’ yelled Bill to all the other players.

‘’What’s the time’’ asked Mark.’’ It’s 9 o’clock replied
Tom.?’’

‘’ It isn't fair! he complained bitterly. ‘’I always have to wash the dishes.’’

‘’Oh no! cried Jake.’’ I don't want to go swimming!’’

‘’What do you want to do when you grow up’’ said John.
‘’I don’t know replied Dan ‘’I might be a pilot.’’

‘’I watched carefully as the teacher did the example’’. Now have a go at doing it yourself’’ she said. ‘’I still wasn’t sure so I asked her to go ‘’through it again.’’

 ‘’What are your hobbies asked Jill.’’
Well said Jack ‘’I like collecting model cars.’’
‘’How du’’ll laughed Jill. Jack sulked and wouldn’t speak to ‘’Jill for the rest of the day’’

‘’I am tired’’ the boy said and then drifted off to sleep.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment