Pages

Friday 7 November 2014

Museum trip.


On Tuesday on the third week of school the Year 7s went on a trip to the Museum. We left at 10:30am just to look at all the designs for our topic Art Attack. When we got there, first we went  to go in our groups. Then we went inside to have morning tea. 

After that we went to go and see the Maori patterns. They looked so amazing! First we went to the marae. Before you go into the marae you have to take your shoes off. Inside the marae I could see many amazing ancient carvings. I took lots and lots of pictures because they looked so amazing.


After that we went to go and see the Pacifica patterns. They showed what they used to defend each other and their tribe. Then I went to go check out the Samoan patterns. They had like a machete that looked sharp. I think thats what the chief used to have.


After that we went to go see the extinct animals like the big giant moa. It was  five times bigger than a human. Then my team went to see a T-rex and other dinosaurs like the long necked dinosaur. It’s not a meat eater, it’s a vegetarian. It’s a nice big dinosaur. I would have it as a pet.


Then we went outside to take some more pictures and then went down the hill to go and see the nice flowers. It looked nice then I went to the pond which looked like a mansion and I was touching the cat fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment